Hello and welcome to Merry Berries
Merry Berries is an after school tea time club. It is currently open, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 3.30 until 5.30pm. Merry Berries is part funded by the Georgia Fourie Butterfly Fund and parental contributions.
Merry Berries is run by Nick Barrett (Family Liaison and Behaviour Management Leader at Holly Grove.) and Clare Clarke (Teaching Assistant Level 3).
Children are split into small groups. Each key group concentrates on key life skills to promote independence skills matched to the ability of the children.
The groups may cover such things as:
- Cooking: helping our chef to prepare the balanced tea for the group
- Plant to plate: Planting, caring for and harvesting fruit, vegetables and herbs to eat.
- Blog: Taking photos and videos of the activities and putting them on the website.
- Setting tables: children set the tables with cutlery, plates, cups etc for the whole group.
- Etiquette/communication group: Children concentrate on sitting at the table, using their preferred method of communication and eating in a socially acceptable manner.
- Washing up group: Children wash up/stack the dishwasher, dry up and tidy the kitchen.
- Children are encouraged generally to tidy up after themselves and to help each other during each session.
- If there is any time left after tea and clearing up, the children can let off a bit of steam before travelling home at 5.30pm.