A very warm welcome to
Holly Grove School
Holly Grove is a primary special school that provides a specialist learning environment for pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties including moderate and severe learning difficulties, complex needs and autism.
Within our specialist learning environment we are committed to providing:
- high-quality education for all our pupils
- access to inclusive learning opportunities with our co-located mainstream partners
- access to a range of state-of-the-art facilities including a hydrotherapy pool, sensory studio and soft play room
- input from an experienced multi-agency team of therapists
Our Mission Statement Together we Learn, Together we Achieve and our 10 Golden Rules reflect the ethos of our school which values every child as an individual.
Ofsted (2017) said, “Pupils love coming to school. They like the adults who work with them. Your pupils try hard with their work and are keen to make sure they always do their best”.
Click here to read our latest Ofsted report (June 2017)
Please browse our site to find out more about the excellent specialist provision at our school.
Georgia Fourie Butterfly Fund
‘The Georgia Fourie Butterfly Fund was set up in 2009, in conjunction with her parents, in memory of a very special pupil who sadly passed away after many years of bad health. This fund is used to raise money to improve and enhance the lives of our wonderful pupils and has grown from strength to strength over the past few years! Read More
With Our Blog
We hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and happy new year!! In Aisling’s class we have been learning all about ‘My amazing world’ since we came back to school. We have been exploring hot and cold places and all the different animals that live there. We have especially loved exploring the ice and trying […]
Hello everyone, during December within Aislings class we have been busy practicing and performing our EYFS nativity, which was fabulous and all the children did an amazing job. A massive thank you to everyone involved and all our parents who came to watch. We are all really proud of the children. They were super stars! […]
10 Golden Rules
- 1 Talk to me, not about me
- 2 Try to understand me: I can’t always understand my feelings
- 3 Listen to what I have to say
- 4 Tell me what I am good at to build my confidence
- 5 Help me to stay safe
- 6 Treat me with respect
- 7 Stay calm with me, even if I do not stay calm with myself
- 8 Let me know what’s going to happen
- 9 Give me time to respond and interact in my own way
- 10 Allow me to make choices and decisions for myself