A very warm welcome to
Holly Grove School
Holly Grove is a primary special school that provides a specialist learning environment for pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties including moderate and severe learning difficulties, complex needs and autism.
Within our specialist learning environment we are committed to providing:
- high-quality education for all our pupils
- access to inclusive learning opportunities with our co-located mainstream partners
- access to a range of state-of-the-art facilities including a hydrotherapy pool, sensory studio and soft play room
- input from an experienced multi-agency team of therapists
Our whole school community have contributed and shared their views on what they value the most about Holly Grove School. Parents, governors, staff and children shared why Holly Grove is special to them. As a result we now have five core values to support our vision and mission statement and our 10 golden rules.
Our Mission Statement Together we Learn, Together we Achieve and our 10 Golden Rules reflect the ethos of our school which values every child as an individual.
Ofsted (2017) said, “Pupils love coming to school. They like the adults who work with them. Your pupils try hard with their work and are keen to make sure they always do their best”.
In order to achieve this, our school aims to be:
Click here to read our latest Ofsted report (June 2017)
Please browse our site to find out more about the excellent specialist provision at our school.
Georgia Fourie Butterfly Fund
‘The Georgia Fourie Butterfly Fund was set up in 2009, in conjunction with her parents, in memory of a very special pupil who sadly passed away after many years of bad health. This fund is used to raise money to improve and enhance the lives of our wonderful pupils and has grown from strength to strength over the past few years! Read More
With Our Blog
World Book Day 2023. This year we decided on a Roald Dahl Theme. Each class chose to read one of his famous books Aisling Class – The Witches Katie’s Class – The Twits Courtney’s Class – Matilda Laura’s Class – James and the Giant Peach Rebecca’s Class – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Libby’s Class – […]
Last week was Shrove Tuesday! In Rebecca’s Class, we celebrated Shrove Tuesday by using the cooking room to make our own pancakes. We all took turns counting, weighing and mixing in our ingredients, having a go at ‘flipping’ some pancakes, and finally making choices for the toppings we wanted on top of them at ‘Snack […]
In Laura’s Class, we have been learning all about Italy and exploring different places in Italy using Virtual Reality headsets. The children have engaged so well with these new experiences!
10 Golden Rules
- 1 Talk to me, not about me
- 2 Try to understand me: I can’t always understand my feelings
- 3 Listen to what I have to say
- 4 Tell me what I am good at to build my confidence
- 5 Help me to stay safe
- 6 Treat me with respect
- 7 Stay calm with me, even if I do not stay calm with myself
- 8 Let me know what’s going to happen
- 9 Give me time to respond and interact in my own way
- 10 Allow me to make choices and decisions for myself