A very warm welcome to
Holly Grove School
Holly Grove is a primary special school which provides a specialist learning environment for pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties including moderate and severe learning difficulties, complex needs and autism.
Within our specialist learning environment we are committed to providing:
- high quality education for all our pupils
- access to inclusive learning opportunities with our co-located mainstream partners
- access to a range of state-of-the-art facilities including a hydrotherapy pool, sensory studio and soft play room
- input from an experienced multi-agency team of therapists
Our Mission Statement Together we Learn, Together we Achieve and our 10 Golden Rules reflect the ethos of our school which values every child as an individual.
Ofsted (2014) said “Pupils’ behaviour is outstanding. They thoroughly enjoy school life, which they find exciting and are enthusiastic about their activities, interactions and relationships.”.
Click here to read our latest Ofsted report (June 2017)
Please browse our site to find out more about the excellent specialist provision at our school.
Georgia Fourie Butterfly Fund
‘The Georgia Fourie Butterfly Fund was set up in 2009, in conjunction with her parents, in memory of a very special pupil who sadly passed away after many years of bad health. This fund is used to raise money to improve and enhance the lives of our wonderful pupils and has grown from strength to strength over the past few years! Read More
With Our Blog
Thursday 1st March is World Book Day and we are looking forward to celebrating the magic of books in school that day. Our theme this year is ‘witches and Wizards’ and we are encouraging the pupils (and staff) to dress up as witches and wizards or, if they prefer, their favourite book character. We are […]
On Tuesday February 6th Holly Grove was host to Ridgewood Community High School and Acorns Special School from Preston for a music sharing event. To begin we did some warm-up exercises led by Mr Bridges, the Ridgewood music teacher and then Class 7 showcased some work we had been doing in Literacy where we improvised […]
We have been learning all about keeping safe on the internet this week. Tuesday 6th February was Safer Internet Day and at Holly Grove we are committed to the safe and responsible use of the internet. We have spent the whole week learning all about e-safety and how we can keep ourselves safe at school […]
10 Golden Rules
- 1 Talk to me, not about me
- 2 Try to understand me: I can’t always understand my feelings
- 3 Listen to what I have to say
- 4 Tell me what I am good at to build my confidence
- 5 Help me to stay safe
- 6 Treat me with respect
- 7 Stay calm with me, even if I do not stay calm with myself
- 8 Let me know what’s going to happen
- 9 Give me time to respond and interact in my own way
- 10 Allow me to make choices and decisions for myself