A very warm welcome to
Holly Grove School
Holly Grove is a primary special school which provides a specialist learning environment for pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties including moderate and severe learning difficulties, complex needs and autism.
Within our specialist learning environment we are committed to providing:
- high quality education for all our pupils
- access to inclusive learning opportunities with our co-located mainstream partners
- access to a range of state-of-the-art facilities including a hydrotherapy pool, sensory studio and soft play room
- input from an experienced multi-agency team of therapists
Our Mission Statement Together we Learn, Together we Achieve and our 10 Golden Rules reflect the ethos of our school which values every child as an individual.
Ofsted (2014) said “Pupils’ behaviour is outstanding. They thoroughly enjoy school life, which they find exciting and are enthusiastic about their activities, interactions and relationships.”.
Click here to read our latest Ofsted report (June 2017)
Please browse our site to find out more about the excellent specialist provision at our school.
Georgia Fourie Butterfly Fund
‘The Georgia Fourie Butterfly Fund was set up in 2009, in conjunction with her parents, in memory of a very special pupil who sadly passed away after many years of bad health. This fund is used to raise money to improve and enhance the lives of our wonderful pupils and has grown from strength to strength over the past few years! Read More
With Our Blog
We are pleased to announce that Merry Berries, our after school club has been awarded £92,185 over the next 3 years from BBC Children in Need! This is the third time we have been successful in securing funding for this amazing project for children who have additional and complex needs. As well as keeping all the […]
Class 6 have been learning all about the Hindu “Festival of Lights” which celebrates the new year. Class 6 had such a fun time learning all about Diwali that they put together an assembly for the whole school and told them the story of Diwali. During Diwali the house is spring cleaned, gifts are exchanged, they wear […]
A huge thank you to all those who attended/supported us at the Butterfly Ball at Burnley Football Club on 7th October 2017. We have raised a whopping £8262 with every penny going to help the children of Holly Grove School. We couldn’t have done it without your help. Thank you so much! (Pictured is Charity […]
10 Golden Rules
- 1 Talk to me, not about me
- 2 Try to understand me: I can’t always understand my feelings
- 3 Listen to what I have to say
- 4 Tell me what I am good at to build my confidence
- 5 Help me to stay safe
- 6 Treat me with respect
- 7 Stay calm with me, even if I do not stay calm with myself
- 8 Let me know what’s going to happen
- 9 Give me time to respond and interact in my own way
- 10 Allow me to make choices and decisions for myself