A very warm welcome to
Holly Grove School
Holly Grove is a primary special school which provides a specialist learning environment for pupils with a wide range of learning difficulties including moderate and severe learning difficulties, complex needs and autism.
Within our specialist learning environment we are committed to providing:
- high quality education for all our pupils
- access to inclusive learning opportunities with our co-located mainstream partners
- access to a range of state-of-the-art facilities including a hydrotherapy pool, sensory studio and soft play room
- input from an experienced multi-agency team of therapists
Our Mission Statement Together we Learn, Together we Achieve and our 10 Golden Rules reflect the ethos of our school which values every child as an individual.
Ofsted (2014) said “Pupils’ behaviour is outstanding. They thoroughly enjoy school life, which they find exciting and are enthusiastic about their activities, interactions and relationships.”.
Click here to read our latest Ofsted report (June 2017)
Please browse our site to find out more about the excellent specialist provision at our school.
Georgia Fourie Butterfly Fund
‘The Georgia Fourie Butterfly Fund was set up in 2009, in conjunction with her parents, in memory of a very special pupil who sadly passed away after many years of bad health. This fund is used to raise money to improve and enhance the lives of our wonderful pupils and has grown from strength to strength over the past few years! Read More
With Our Blog
Holly Grove has celebrated in style today, by hosting a ‘Street Party’ to celebrate the Great Get Together and the Royal Wedding. Although the Great Get Together is meant to be held in June, in celebration of Jo Cox’s belief “that we are far more united and have far more in common than that which divides us,” we […]
Hola! Today has been Spanish Day at Holly Grove and we have loved every minute of it. In the morning we learnt all about Spanish culture, looked at the Spanish language, tried tapas for snack and learnt to Flamenco dance. In the afternoon we experimented with Spanish Art, played some Spanish instruments (the maracas were our favourite) […]
The Burnley Campus catering team have visited Holly Grove today and met with the school council to discuss a new menu. The students got to taste a delicious range of food and they were really impressed. Some of the food included cottage pie, sausages, lasagne, mint choc ice cream and of course Gillian’s famous cornflake […]
10 Golden Rules
- 1 Talk to me, not about me
- 2 Try to understand me: I can’t always understand my feelings
- 3 Listen to what I have to say
- 4 Tell me what I am good at to build my confidence
- 5 Help me to stay safe
- 6 Treat me with respect
- 7 Stay calm with me, even if I do not stay calm with myself
- 8 Let me know what’s going to happen
- 9 Give me time to respond and interact in my own way
- 10 Allow me to make choices and decisions for myself