Hello and welcome to Merry Berries
Merry Berries is an after school tea time club. It is open to 20 children, 4 days a week at 3.30pm until 4.30pm.
Merry Berries is part funded by Children in Need, Burnley Campus Social Enterprise and parental contribution.
We have 6 members of staff each day, each with a key group of up to 5 children. Each key group concentrates on key life skills to promote independence skills matched to the ability of the children.
The groups are as follows:
- Cooking: children make a balanced tea for the whole group
- Setting tables: children set the tables with cutlery, plates, cups etc for the whole group
- Etiquette/ communication group: children concentrate on sitting at the table, using their preferred method of communication and eating in a socially acceptable manner
- Washing up group: children wash up/ stack the dishwasher, dry up and tidy the kitchen
- Children are encouraged generally to tidy up after themselves and to help each other during each session
- If there is any time left after tea and clearing up, the children have let of a bit of steam before travelling home at 4.30pm.