Message from Karen

Hi Everyone
I hope you all enjoyed the Bank Holiday weekend. If any of you managed to celebrate VE day with your families, safely in your homes/gardens and took photos, we would be really happy if you could share them with us. We can use them as evidence towards our British Values work in school.
I’m sure many of you watched Boris Johnson yesterday. The advice remains if you can work from home you should. the new slogan is `Stay Alert, Control the virus, Stay Safe`. Boris said that the next phase is those who can’t work from home can go back to work, e.g. those in construction or manufacturing. However he also pointed out to avoid public transport. He did say we can now spend more time outdoors as long as we remember social distancing rules. The government will continue to monitor this and if it goes well, he may open primary schools for Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 in June. I will now liaise with Lancashire County Council to see how this will work safely for our children and staff. Social distancing is one of the main reasons why it is difficult to open schools because children find it very hard to follow the social distancing rules when they see their friends. They also struggle to follow the strict hand hygiene rules. My other concern will be transport arrangements and managing social distancing on our transport. I will keep you informed of any developments.
I know this is a very difficult and challenging time for all of us but we have come so far, we don’t want to put our children / families/ staff health at risk by returning without ensuring safety measures are in place.
I thank you all again for your patience and understanding and remind you that we are still working from home. Staff are available during normal working hours to respond to emails as will I. Our ICT Subject Leader is in the process of putting together a video of staff with messages for your children which will be going on our Facebook and website. Please do share with your children.
We all miss seeing the children daily and cant wait till we can all be back together again safely.
Karen